Welcome

« Older   Newer »

1. rikkenergy

The only and true

Group
    GdR Players

Status
    hola amigos XD

eh eh, joking... anyway, it's a real surprise to see such a post here, you know? :D it is the very first time i spot something like this in a forum, good point Zaph, i agree with you in this little initiative for the sake of our English, wonderful skills u.u

Foreign languages are so fascinating :) English in particular is really useful for all sort of stuff, as you said... it seems though that while games, internet, movies, subbed anime stuff exc.. gives you a hand in understanding the meaning of a lot of speeches, the grammar, and so many words... when it comes to actually talk with someone who cannot get what you say in italian... that's quite another story, i've been in trouble some times, more than i expected in explaining myself with foreigners sometimes, even though i could perfectly understand their speaking (not so good when it comes with people from Africa, that's the hardest "English to get" i've ever been hearing D:)
    I don't know weather it is true or not, but they told to me that a good step in order to practice and train speaking skills, the only fastest way is to go there... in place... needing to ask for pizza in that language (or you starve, your choice..). Anyway, i know for sure that for everything else (listening, writing and reading) you can easily improve also on your own here in Italy, i personally found useful having a dictionary (yes, i hate Google Translate, even if it' better now u.u) while being in contact with English stuff, for example i used to play a lot of videogames, in English and without italian subtitles, so i had to check those words i didn't know in order to be able to proceed in the game, and understand the story... watching TV, youtube, movies, dubbed anime, and stuff like that helps a lot instead with your pronunciation, and helps in learning English ways of thinking too (for example we all know that it's said "how old are you?" when we are used in our language to say "how many years do you have?")

annnd... this is it :D i want to get on board of this ship eheh ever thought about roling in English? me yes XD

22 replies since 17/9/2014, 22:49   200 views